PRODUCT INSPECTION, CARE AND STORAGE GUIDELINES
Your Bianchi product is carefully crafted from the finest materials. For product longevity and your own safety, here are some common sense guidelines:
INSPECTING YOUR PRODUCT
- Thoroughly read the safety and other information included with your purchase. Safety information is also included on our website and in our product catalog.
- Make sure your handgun fits properly, safely and to your satisfaction.
- Visually inspect for any defects in materials or workmanship.
- Check the retainer strap, spring or other retaining device and be certain that your handgun is properly and safely secured for your application.
- Visually inspect all stitchings, snaps, springs, clips and rivets for looseness, breakage or other damage.
- Pay special attention to points of strain and critical points such as belt loops, welts, retainer straps, springs or other retaining devices.
- Look for any sign that leather or other materials have become dry or brittle.
- Should your holster or other product become worn, loose, defective, or ill-fitting, cease use immediately.
Storage Store your leather in a cool, dry place. High humidity can cause mildew, while dry heat and direct sunlight can cause drying and cracking.
If you leave your handgun in the holster or other product, check it daily for moisture, condensation or corrosion. Changing atmospheric conditions, heavy perspiration and other factors could create such conditions.
Care Treat the interior of your holster with spray silicone to help protect against excess moisture. It also speeds the draw by reducing friction.
If your product becomes water-soaked, reshape it as best you can and allow it to air-dry at room temperature. Do not use a hot oven it will shrink, harden and crack the leather.
Because Bianchi leather is hand finished with our special leather dressing, should your leather product become dry or scratched, you can treat the exterior with a commercial leather dressing that does not contain lacquer. (Be careful when using Neat’s foot oil; large amounts will soften the leather.)
Brass cartridges or other brass hardware when stored with leather will acquire a greenish residue called verdigris. It is a natural product of a chemical reaction between brass and vegetable tanned leather, and it wipes off. (Using nickel-plated cartridges in belt loops will avoid this condition.)
ACCUMOLD® & ACCUMOLD® ELITE
AccuMold and AccuMold Elite products are designed to require minimal care, however these guidelines should be followed to assure proper function, appearance and the utmost satisfaction of your product.
Storage AccuMold and AccuMold Elite products have been field-proven to withstand a wide variety of environmental conditions. AccuMold and AccuMold Elite products should be stored in a dry environment when not in use. We do not recommend storing these products in a vehicle trunk or other areas where extreme heat can exceed the outside environment.
Cleaning AccuMold and AccuMold Elite products are best cleaned with a solution of warm soapy water and a soft brush. A toothbrush and dish soap work well. If decontamination is required, an antibacterial soap or 10% solution of household chlorine bleach may be used. After cleaning simply rinse off with fresh water and let air-dry. Be sure the product is completely dry inside and out prior to use.
When AccuMold and AccuMold Elite products are exposed to salt spray or immersed in salt water it is important to thoroughly rinse in warm water as soon as possible. Never use solvents such as acetone to clean AccuMold products, as this could result in damage to the product.
SL 3.2.1 CARE INSTRUCTIONS
The SL 3.2.1 SpeedLok Duty Holster utilizes our SpeedLok device, which contains moving parts. As with all mechanical devices some care and attention is recommended for smooth, reliable operation. If the holster is exposed to dirt, sand or grit, we recommend that you wash the holster in fresh water by running it under a hose or faucet while pressing the lever several times to wash away loose particles. After cleaning your holster let it air-dry and check for function prior to use.